How to Prepare for Your Appointment
- We encourage you to check your medical nutrition therapy benefits with your insurance carrier prior to your appointment. Please also provide your Subscriber ID, Date of Birth, Name of Person who is insured, and Address.
- Complete and print the New Client Form.
- Complete and print the 3-Day Food Log.
- Keep a record of everything you eat and drink for two days during the week and one weekend day. Please be as specific as possible with time of the day and amount of food and beverages. You do not need anything fancy, simply type it up or write in down on a piece of paper.
What to Bring to Your Appointment:
- Bring any vitamins/minerals and herbs that you take
- Bring any labels for unusual foods that you eat regularly or that you want to ask about (e.g. meal replacement beverages, protein powder, sports bars)
- Don’t forget blood glucose logs, prescription list, and recent labs, if applicable.
- Hannah is in-network with some medical insurance plans. Insurances accepted: Cigna PPO including Open Access Plus and LocalPlus; HealthNet PPO, Medicare (only for diagnosis of diabetes or chronic kidney disease stages 3 and 4 with a written physician’s referral), Regal Medical Group (Referral/Authorization required).
- Insurance coverage for nutrition counseling must be verified before the day of your first appointment to ensure your plan’s benefits cover services.